Arquitectura.pt

Sign in to follow this  
Connecty

BLDGBLOG - We Love To Build

Imagem colocada

We Love To Build

Imagem colocada[image: From We Love To Build by Paul Hollingsworth; view larger!].

The We Love To Build series, by British designer Paul Hollingworth, is an act of genius. The above image, in its original size, is ridiculously good. That hovering corner, detached but connected to guy-wires, is weirdly mesmerizing – and the slotted drawers, whole pieces of the building sliding in and out as if on hidden railers, add such an incredible sense of weight and dynamism, I'd almost like to see this structure built. But only as long as parts of it drift upward, attached to cabling...
In fact, I'd love to see dozens of these images – I'd like to see a small book of them. Or a poster series.
Even this bridge just knocks me out!

Imagem colocada[image: From We Love To Build by Paul Hollingsworth; view larger!].

So are these just photographs, or what's up?
"The idea," Hollingworth writes, "[is] to drop numerous geometric, concrete structures into various ambient, rural landscapes in an attempt to create an intimate and complementary relationship between that which is entirely natural and that which is man made."
The process itself involves cloning and sampling "rather small portions" of other images, including "various concrete textures, "birds, trees and cables," and even entire office blocks, then splicing them all together using PhotoShop.

There are only four images to see at the moment – here in Hollingworth's Flickr set – but, with any luck, there will soon be hundreds...

(Spotted over at Dark Roasted Blend).

Imagem colocada Ler artigo...